Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grateful

Aside from it being January, and having gorgeous weather without snow here in the Bay area, there's another beautiful thing that I see happening here that I've not seen before in such regularity or abundance. People watching the sunset.



It's amazing to me, whenever I go running at dusk, to see so many people taking time to walk and be together as the sun goes down. Teenagers, couples, families - so many people just holding one another, sitting and watching the sun drop down behind the Golden Gate Bridge. 


It's a wonderful sight, and it is amazing to me that so many people make time in their day for this moment. Every day is different, and every day is worth watching.


It makes me happy to see people loving their lives. No matter what other struggles they are going through and fighting for, they relax for a moment and let the beauty of the universe wash over them. They are aware and grateful that they can experience moments like this.


I am grateful for every sunset and all the people who go out of their way to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, discuss, challenge, or expand on anything I have written. In fact, I encourage it.